Spring 2019 Registration
Updated Tuesday November 20, 2018 by Tim Chadwick.
Registration for spring 2019 baseball is now open. Here is what you need to know:
- Registration will close on February 16th for all divisions, including Babe Ruth
- Cost will be $90 per player unitl January 1st, when the cost will go to $100. Tee Ball fees are $75 until Jan 1st and $85 thereafter.
- $10 Discount on the each additional child after the first one.
- Please don't let the cost of registration keep you from signing up your child. We make a number of scholarships available each season. Due the hardships on our area caused by the hurricane we have received donations to be used specifically for more player scholarships this season. Just email email@example.com and we'll get you signed up. The process is simple and discrete
- Divisions: T-ball -- ages 4 to 6; Rookie (machine pitch) -- ages 7 & 8; Minor (kid pitch) -- ages 9 & 10; Major -- ages 11 & 12; Babe Ruth 13 - 16. (16y/o player are not permitted to pitch and must use a wooden bat (not provided))
- Tentative Evaluations are scheduled for the week of February 17 - 23 with the draft and team formations to occur directly after.
- Practice is scheduled to start March 2rd.
- Opening Day is scheduled to be March 23th (weather dependent)
- The most frequently asked question we get is "What days will my child have games?". We don't really have a good answer to that question until we know how many teams we will have in each age group. Our fields are not all universal for each group. For example Majors can only play on Field 1 and Babe Ruth can only play on Field 4. This limits how we can predict the specific days each division will play.
- T-ball teams will have one practice and one game per week or two games per week. Game will usually be played at 5:30 during the week and the occasional Sat morning.
- For Tee-Ball, we will do our best to honor coach, practice, and teammate requests. However, we can't make any guarantees because there are usually several factors involved.
- Rookie, Minor, Major, and Babe Ruth will have one practice on field and one BP session; and one to two games per week once the season starts.
- Rookie - Babe Ruth players will all need to go though evaluations. After they are complete coaches will draft their teams. Therefore we are unable to honor teammate and coach requests. If you have a car pool need with another player, please note that on your registration. We ask that parents and coaches not take advantage of this 'loop-hole' though. We want to make playing baseball with us open to as many kids as possible.
- Babe Ruth\Cal Ripken Rules requires us to register your child for the division that corresponds to his/her age. However, you may request for him/her to play up or down one division. Once you have registered your player for the corresponding division, you will be directed to a page on which you can make your play up/down request.
- In the past we delayed registration and the start of the season for the Babe Ruth division. This year we have decided to start this age group at the same time as everyone else. It's been determined that kids should be able to play both Middle School and Rec ball with minimal conflicts. We want to try something different and make sure these kids are including in all the activities of the league and help to ensure their season does not get cut short as it has for the last couple of springs.